Upside-down, monotube coilover suspension systems from ZF Sachs Race Engineering offer racing quality components for the road.
Greater ground clearance is needed in winter, while in summer and also for track use, it makes sense to lower the vehicle by 40 – 60mm. In order to ensure sufficient spring path for these two different applications, special coilover suspensions were developed that allow the vehicle to be tuned for the respective operating mode. These coilover suspensions are as superbly suited for tough snow and ice conditions as they are for trackday and circuit use. The Sachs Performance coilover suspension features 2 adjustment parameters, so rebound and compression damping can e varied via a dial with 20 clicks. Damper characteristics can thus be simply and conveniently adjusted to meet individual requirements without dismantling the car’s wheel-end system.
The 20 stage adjustable damping allows drivers to adapt their suspension systems to specific driving surfaces, tyres and tyre pressures. This adjustment is achieved using a bypass on the piston for both rebound and compression.
Sachs Performance suspension kits are sold as complete boxed units and comprise the following:
- - 2 x upside down front-axle monotube dampers with height and performance adjustment
- - 2 x front-axle springs
- - 2 x upside down rear-axle monotube dampers with height and performance adjustment
- - 2 x rear-axle springs
- - TÜV certification
Sachs Performance suspension systems offer many advantages over the competition in terms of operation and build quality:
- - Adjustable rebound and compression forces via a bypass on the piston
- - Adjustment unit with precise gradation
- - Suspension struts with an upside down design
- - Continuously variable height adjustment within the range authorised by the TÜV
- - Height adjustment with trapezoidal threading for a long service life (very dirt resistant)
- - Optimised compression stops
- - Complete, ready to install solution
- - Optimised, high quality friction bearings and seals
- - High-grade, high-strength racing springs
- - OE-tested seal and friction bearing systems
- - OE-tested piston systems
- - Hardened, chromium-plated piston rods
- - High-grade corrosion protection
- - Rapid responsiveness
- - Broad adjustment range
- - Light weight
- - Superb handling and ride quality
- - Rapid assembly
- - Low-cost installation
All Sachs Performance suspension systems are extensively tested on the Nürburgring by Sachs’ highly qualified and experienced development engineers.
Achieving the perfect suspension setup is a complex operation. This is why we recommend that your Sachs Performance coilover suspension kit is installed by a suitably qualified and experienced person. We have identified a trusted network of Sachs Performance Technical Centres, all of which are highly experienced and have fitted many suspension kits on our behalf. Sachs Performance coilover suspension kits are also available to buy through these Technical Centres.